Updated August 5, 2008 – (2,818,902 bytes)
* Database Customers need to check for schema changes for each release increment. Make sure your schema is up to date based on the notes for each separate release. Schema changes are indicated with links to the changes.
Group Settings: If you are using Groups Visible in your Group definitions and rely on field controls for some groups, there is a new copy field control settings option in the Advanced tab which incorrectly defaults to the first selected group in of “groups visible”. You need to make sure and default it to blank if you make any group settings or it will change the field control settings to those for that group.
The FBT_DASHBOARD and FBT_DASHBOARD_COMPONENT tables are new for the upcoming Dashboard feature. All Database customers need to update their schemas. Links to the updated schemas are located here :
MS SQL schema
Oracle schemaNew Features:
– QuickView allows you to click on an item from the main menu and have it show up in a dhtml window for quick details. You can update it quickly without having to refresh the main menu. There is a close button or you can hit escape.
– The new dashboard feature is actually due to be released in the next version. If you wish to try the beta, you can add “enableDashboard=1” to your server.cfg and restart the system.
We have updated the following documents to reflect this release :
Alcea User Manual (pdf)
Alcea Administrator Manual (pdf)
Alcea Database Modules Manual (pdf>
- New autocreate option added to workflow / events
- Row highlighting feature with disable option in MainMenu server config options.
- Added Quickview feature with option to disable in MainMenu server config menu.
- Field Hierarchy improvements.
- Fixed problem loading older user profiles after new ones on some systems.
- Live Update performance improvements.
- New formats for user/project/groups pages.
- New “Show Issue Children” option in User Profile to show hierarchy list of children for bugs in the main menu.
- mDescription added to WSDL for SOAP calls.
- Workflow field control will no longer override normal field controls for sections.
- Blank Value for filters will now match white space.
- You can now add “attachmentMaxFileSize=X” to server.cfg to override maximum 100M size.
- Custom dates will now show up properly in charts.
- Custom userfields now offer group option in workflow controls.
- Checkboxes no longer appear as text fields in workflow autochange.
- SOAP will now take an array of values. Closed can now be used properly by filters.
- Last Description not showing new lines in row fields.
- New Signature field added to user profile. This is used by the Email Response feature.
- New “From” setting added to SMTP Settings.
- Added “Other Tracks” submenu to first menu.
- New Workflow Autochange Create option to spawn new issues
- Fixed rare infinite SMTP timeout problem.
- Added checkboxes to color coding feature.
- Added new login screen. Add “com.other.HttpHandler.default=com.other.AlceaLogin” to server.cfg to convert older systems. Might want to clear or customize the rLoginBackground/rLoginBackdrop strings.
- Added mEnteredBy option to regular autochange fields.
- Fixed browser problem with export on large XML files.
- LDAP improvements for SUN Directory Server
- Fixed history date format for export.
- TestSpec module – fixed test result forms for accented characters.
- Fixed format of Date Entered field on import.
- Added new Summary Report type for comparing list options.
- Customize is removed from Main Menu options, if edit profile is disabled.
- Fixed line terminators in SOAP custom fields.
- Notify exception.
- Max Memory not available on some JVMs
- Fixed Child List ordering.
- mContextId added to WSDL for SOAP.
- added project suffix feature.
- Children now show up even if they do not match current filter. Note is added to the filter definition but no checkbox is available on Bulk update due to danger of select all option.
- Checkbox/Event exceptions
- Slash problems in custom strings.
- Added checkboxes for exporting custom fields.
- Added option for mHideClosed to SOAP filters.
- TestSpec – changed some forms to POST.
- Fixed the color coding disable option.
- Child row ids are incorrect.
- Email Issue problem with quotes in text.
- SOAP errors formatted correctly for XML.
- SOAP fixes for dealing with arrays.
- Proper error message to except log for DB systems with invalid keys.
- Event notifications had white text in Outlook.
- Larger group option on Save tab of filters menu.
- Fixed cyclical reference parent/child problem when submitting an issue.
- New projectColSpan option for wider project field.
- SOAP not returning custom fields in bug entries.
- Added “-DDEBUG=file” or “-DPORT=port” command line options to Fit
- LDAP improvements.
- New installer to work on Vista and simplify Services.
- Cosmetic changes for notifications in Outlook 2007.
- Workflow – OGNL overwrites any existing field data when continue building is set.
- Fixed view bug details in MS Word.
- Added group option to workflow filters for custom fields.
- Field Hierarchy error message when using a custom field.
- Added “Reload License” option to System Info so a new key can be added without having to restart the system.
- Color coding performance improvements.
- Field ids do not match alphabetical sorting on the custom field admin screen
- Workflow edit screens are not initialized properly for Field Changed/Unchanged fields.
- Added ability to set dates in milliseconds.
- A section shouldn’t be considered empty if it has a blank field with html in it .
- fixed LDAP null group problem
- New direct response feature.
- workflow autochange in a single entry was not working with bugs submitted via email
- workflow null/notnull attributes not combined properly
- Username loses its backslash from time to time
- TestSpec tester users get No Permission when creating a Test Run
- Fixed color coding option on event reports
- Workflow Continue building would alter workflow rules that were just edited.
- Child modules can now be reordered in Testspec
- Any bug entries > 100K must now be read manually.
- Custom date fields historical entries now save properly on database systems.
- Fixed SOAP suppression for notifications.
- Groups option fixed for Workflow flow control.