Installing On Windows 2003: There is a DEP feature with Service Pack 2 that stops our installer from installing directly, without permissions.
The best solution is to add our program to the list of allowed programs in the DEP settings using the following instructions:
1) Download the FitInstall.exe to your machine. Say c:/FitInstall.exe
2) Click Start, click Run, type “sysdm.cpl” and press OK
3) On the Advanced tab, under Performance, press Settings
4) On the Data Execution Prevention tab, turn on “DEP for all programs and services except those I select” to use the opt out policy and add to add our program to this list of exceptions. Then add our program to the list. (ie: Add c:/FitInstall.exe)
5) You should not be able to install FIT as normal.
All Systems: FIT was written in JAVA. The only requirement to run this software is a Java VM. You should be able to type “java -version” and see the version of Java that is running on your system. You will need version 1.5 or better for the system to run. Larger Fit systems can benefit from the new JRockit JVM which will take advantage of 64bit memory addressing.