Workflow is a visual diagram of a structured, pre-defined set of activities which produce a desired result over and over again. Incorporating your workflow into technology can be tricky, every organization is different.
Every step, every decision point and every accountable individual is part of your workflow and successful workflows can help improve communication with your staff and measure growth. Workflows save time and certainly ensure transparency and reproducibility.
Here are some of the key benefits:
- Reduction of Project Risk – Workflows can help decrease schedule delays and identify risks before they become critical;
- Provide visibility across the organization – Workflows are a great way to communicate internal processes to stakeholders;
- Effect organization change – Workflows help teams work cohesively and it limits the need for management to intervene on the business process side;
- Increased access to information;
- Better audit trail – Records are kept of the progress and completion of tasks, along with pertinent details such as who completed the action, when it was done, and any changes made;
- Your rules, your way – Instead of people deciding on the fly when an issue arises, workflows refer back to predefined rules. This eliminates some of the guesswork and boosts confidence in your organization’s work capacity.
Alcea IssueTrack is a Business Process Management (BPM) software that can integrate your organization’s workflows. Alcea can represent multiple workflows and processes, and supports the total business process improvement cycle.
Want to learn more? Get a no obligation proof of concept.